Monday, October 29, 2007

Content/Quality Reviewers

I wanted to comment on the quality review meeting we had last week in class. I thought it went well and many guidelines were established that I felt would really make our training materials look professional and clean. One issue I'm having though is, as mentioned in our meeting, the size and quality of the picture files that are included in this training. The argument for saving the pictures as a GIF file were that they would not use up too much memory. I am finding that saving the pictures as GIF files is taking away much of the color consistency in the pics; however, saving them as JPG files does not affect the picture at all, and the size difference is 30.1 KB for GIF and 41 KB for JPG. There is not a big size difference here and even if we had 1 million pictures total, that would just about reach 1 GB in size. I think the GIF is going to be ineffective and hard to read in the published training materials and JPG is provides great color and does not have a significant size difference so we should really go with that.

No comments: