Monday, November 26, 2007

Breeze...Breeze...Breeze

After the presenations on last Tuesday, I found out some interesting things about a technology called Breeze. Leading up to the presentation I was very skeptical of the feasability of our presentations because I wasn't sure if our class could handle it. Also, I worried a lot about technical errors. Breeze offers it's users a video/voice conferencing option where people can talk in real time, with the addition of uploading files and sharing their desktop. There are not many applications available that offer this much functionality. As we found with our presentations, the chat feature was very handy, and proved to be reliable. My issue though is that if the chat feature is the only 100% reliable feature, I don't see Breeze as that much of an advantage over less functional applications. I do feel however that this technology is useful and I would most certainly use it again. I believe it was a positive experience and I would recommend it for other teachers.

No comments: